BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Coventry Road Club is a forum for riders to enjoy the camaraderie and rapport of group riding and the opportunity (if desired) to compete at all levels from social/beginner to elite riding.
The group rides are an ideal opportunity to discuss our sport, exchanging tips and knowledge on training, equipment and technique between all levels of rider. The group rides also provide the motivation sometime lacking for individual rides, particularly in cold and wet conditions and the groups of varying ability give an ideal opportunity for progression and development.
Coventry Road Club (CRC) organises over 300 non-competitive rides each year including:-
- Sunday club runs with 4 planned groups each week all with on-line maps and downloadable .gpx files for users of Garmin or similar.
The Sunday runs include a Newcomers group to enable new riders to gain their initial experience of group riding.
- Tuesday club runs, no route planned in advance (group decision at start). Just turn up and ride.
- An annual charity ride jointly organised with Guy Salmon Jaguar with all income going to charity.
We also organise over 30 race events throughout the year including:-
- A full programme of evening time trials.
- Two Sunday morning hill climbs.
Note - To enter time trial events a rider needs to be a member of a CTT affiliated club but our hill climbs and evening time trials are all designated as “Come and Try It” events, so riders can come along and try one event to see if it suits them before joing a club.
- At least one Open time trial.
- Occasional road races.
- Our Premier event, the Boxing Day Cyclo Cross on Kenilworth Common.
We award over 50 cups/tropies and additional prizes each year and organise numerous championship, leagues and race series that members can compete in.
We hold a presentation dinner every November and also have social events throughout the year.
The club is affiliated to:-
- Cycling Time Trials (CTT is the governing body of road time trialling). In addition to supporting the activities of this organisation, affiliation enable CRC members to take part in UK time trials including CRC club TT's, club events organised by other clubs and Open Time trials.
- British Cycling (BC is the governing body of most UK non time trial events). In addition to supporting the major UK governing body of our sport, affiliation gives CRC members access to reduced cost first year membership of BC and enables them to obtain a racing licence to ride for our club.
- Cyclist Touring Club (CTC the National Cycling Charity). CTC are the mouth piece for cyclists rights in UK, an organisation well worth supporting, affiliation also give CRC members the option of Individual Affiliate Membership which, in addition to information on touring route etc., includes probably the cheapest route to third party insurance.
- We also support and are affiliated to Road Records Association, British Cyclo Cross Association, Midlands Cyclo Cross Association, Midlands Road Record Association and the British Schools Cycling Association.
Our on-line presence includes:-
- A club website providing information about our club and events (including race and club run programme).
- Facebook pages, both public and private chat.
- A forum for discussion between members and friends.
We email a News Brief to members on a regular basis, informing members of what's happening. For those non IT members we send a hard copy by snail mail.
We have an attractive club kit that is available at very competitive prices, the products are available from our on-line shop http://www.halosports.co.uk/coventry-road/.
NOT BAD FOR THE EQUIVALENT OF 4p A DAY